Border Crossing Information

          All Sportsman's Lodges locations are located in Minnesota, USA but Sportsman's Oak Island Lodge and Sportsman's Eagle Ridge have a unique location and are situated right along the US/Canadian border. So close to the border we can see Canada from our dock. 

          You can get to Oak Island by staying in Minnesota the whole time if you drive to Sportsman's Lodge Rainy River/Baudette location and come by boat, track vehicle or snowmobile. For passenger service information to cross the lake, click here. Or you can choose to drive by car within 9 miles of the resort (the Northwest Angle) and come by boat, track vehicle or snowmobile. For passenger service from the Northwest Angle to Oak Island, click here. When driving to the Northwest Angle you must go through Manitoba, Canada and back into the United States. Border crossing documents are required. While staying at Sportsman's Oak Island Lodge or Sportsman's Eagle Ridge you may choose to fish in Canada. 

          U. S. citizens and permanent residents crossing into Canada to travel to the Northwest Angle or fishing in Canada.  If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you must carry proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. Permanent Resident Card, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, ensure you carry proof of your status such as a U.S. Permanent Resident Card. For more information click here.

For more border crossing information and documents required click here.  

Sportsman's Rainy River     •     Eagle Ridge     •     Oak Island